fDi Intelligence magazine – which has recently published a report which ranked North American cities on a whole bunch of factors. The one that caught my eye was the category for Quality of Life in Micro Cities. (I said there were a bunch of factors!).The Financial Times has a specialist division –
BC’s own North Vancouver came out top and Delta (4), Nanaimo (5), Langley (6).
- North Vancouver British Columbia Canada
- Meridian Idaho US
- Waterloo Ontario Canada
- Delta British Columbia Canada
- Nanaimo British Columbia Canada
- Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
- Langley British Columbia Canada
- Red Deer Alberta Canada
- Repentigny Quebec Canada
- Pickering Ontario Canada
I also looked at the Quality of Life category for Major Cities and BC scored there too as Vancouver came in 4th, with four other Canadian cities ranking in the top ten.
- Washington District of Columbia US
- San Francisco California US
- Calgary Alberta Canada
- Vancouver British Columbia Canada
- Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Austin Texas US
- Boston Massachusetts US
- Toronto Ontario Canada
- Edmonton Alberta Canada
- San Jose California US
It is good to know that Canada still ranks highly on quality of life!